Wheat Belly is a provocative look at how eliminating wheat—even so-called healthy whole grain wheat—from our diets is the key to permanent weight loss and can offer relief from a broad spectrum of health and digestive problems.
Drawing on decades of clinical studies and the extraordinary results he has observed after putting thousands of his patients on wheat-free regimens, Dr. William Davis makes a compelling case against this ubiquitous ingredient. A wheat-free diet has been associated with significant benefits, including the following:
- Weight loss of twenty, thirty, even fifty pounds in the first few months
- Alleviation of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes
- Recovery from intestinal woes, like ulcerative colitis and celiac disease
- Marked improvement in overall cholesterol and LDL counts
- Improvement in bone density and reversal of osteoporosis
- Cessation of skin conditions from psoriasis to oral ulcers and hair loss
- Reduction of inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis pain
Readable, thought-provoking and carefully researched, Wheat Belly offers a new and vitally important perspective on the most critical health concerns of our time.
"Fast, fascinating read, and if even half of what he says is right, wow. I'm inclined to think most of what he says is right because so much of it I directly experienced just a few months before I read it. Perhaps I have a mild wheat allergy that makes my case a good example for him--at least one of my aunts has a life-threatening wheat allergy, so it's not far-fetched. I started cutting back wheat a few months ago on the advice of another book, and had all the withdrawl symptoms Davis talks about..."
"I knew within a week that the advice Dr. Davis gives in this book was going to work for me. In two months I had lost 15 pounds, could tuck clothing in again, did not need heartburn medication anymore, had regained energy and I go to bed the same size as when I get up. Bonus, bonus, bonus. There is definitely something to the information provided in this book."
- Chapters.ca Book Reviewer